Panic mode: Beijing deploys ‘task forces’ as youth unemployment hits record high
- August 29, 2022
- Dorothy Solinger, poli sci, Breitbart, Aug. 29, 2022
International analysts told Voice of America News (VOA) last week that China’s madcap coronavirus lockdowns have devastated the job market, and the news is probably even worse for recent school graduates than the grim picture painted by the official numbers. “I’m surprised they’re announcing that it’s this high now, but it makes me think it may be even higher,” University of California Irvine [political science] professor emerita Dorothy Solinger told VOA.
For the full story, please visit https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/08/29/panic-mode-beijing-deploys-task-forces-as-youth-unemployment-hits-record-high/.
Related News Items
- Panic mode: Beijing deploys 'task forces' as youth unemployment hits record high
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- China's poverty-shaming social assistance system and the urgent need for reform
- India elections, rethinking dying, emotional signature