Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- January 7, 2021
- Inside Higher Ed, Jan. 7, 2021
Hundreds of political scientists [including professors from UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC
Irvine, UC Davis, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Cruz and UC Santa
Barbara] signed an open letter Wednesday calling for President Trump to be removed
from office through the impeachment process or by invoking the 25th Amendment. The
letter, written after a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, argues that Trump's
actions "threaten American democracy."
For the full story, please visit https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2021/01/07/hundreds-political-scientists-call-removing-trump.
Related News Items
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)
- New wave of Cuban immigrants reaches U.S., but through Texas, not Florida
- Opinion: Trump anti-Latino flare-ups result of GOP's risky behavior