What makes a human voice attractive?
- August 31, 2021
- Daniel Stehr, '20 cog sci Ph.D., Earth.com, Aug. 31, 2021
Scientists from the University of California, Irvine and the University of Utah have investigated what makes a human voice attractive, a question with important implications in both our personal and professional lives. … “Much received wisdom and many vocal coaches would encourage people to slow down and carefully enunciate to make a better impression on their audience,” said study co-author [and UCI graduate student] Daniel Stehr. “However, when it comes to empirical studies of how attractiveness of the human voice is judged, we couldn’t find previous work investigating whether an actual link exists between perceived attractiveness and overall clarity of articulation.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.earth.com/news/what-makes-a-human-voice-attractive/.
Related News Items
- Men who mumble a turn-on for women? Voice study says it's true
- Study explores the interactions between gender and articulatory precision to gauge vocal attractiveness
- Study links articulation, gender to vocal attractiveness
- Why ladies fancy Tom Hardy and fellas go for Liz Hurley: Women are turned on by men who MUMBLE because it's macho... while the opposite sex prefer the femininity of precise pronunciation, study finds
- Voices of reason? Study links acoustic correlations, gender to vocal appeal