The Fed is throwing money around. Not everyone is reaping the benefits
- June 10, 2020
- Gary Richardson, economics, NPR, June 10, 2020 (Audio)
"There are certain industries that would be at high risk of bankruptcy without these
loans and there are other industries that will do just fine," says Gary Richardson,
an economist at the University of California at Irvine and a former Fed historian.
… "The U.S. stock market was falling very rapidly at the beginning of this COVID contraction,
but once the Fed got into the game of supporting the economy and pulling out all the
stops the stock market has gradually recovered," Richardson says.
For the full story, please visit https://www.npr.org/2020/06/10/873190315/the-fed-is-throwing-money-around-not-everyone-is-reaping-the-benefits.
Related News Items
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- A president and his Fed chair clash. Sound familiar?
- Fed inflation shift raises questions about past rate rises
- If the Fed's nominees were confirmed, could they change monetary policy?
- Small-business loans: Strip clubs, marijuana stores need not apply