Brainchild of Taipei City mayor wins 5 legislative seats
- January 12, 2020
- Lev Nachman, poli sci, The China Post, Jan. 12, 2020
According to Lev Nachman, a Ph.D. candidate in Political Science at the University
of California, Irvine who studies closely Taiwan politics, the NPP this year adopted
a very different strategy from last year in the legislative elections. “They’ve opted
to have a different cohort of candidates running in single-member districts. Their
candidates this year are much less famous and much less well-known. Instead, they’ve
put their most famous candidates on the party list as a means to try to get people
to vote for the party,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://chinapost.nownews.com/20200112-930051.
Related News Items
- Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms
- Animal Crossing ban foreshadows stricter Chinese gaming crackdown
- No, Taiwan's president isn't 'pro-independence'
- Taiwan tries to keep coronavirus out while asserting itself against China
- Taiwan election: Tsai Ing-Wen wins landslide in rebuke to China