US angers China with high-profile Taiwan visit
- August 11, 2020
- Lev Nachman, poli sci, The Strait Times, Aug. 11, 2020
"In light of further aggression from the (People's Republic of China), Taiwan does benefit from these types of symbolic acts, even if no concrete changes will come in the form of policy," Mr Lev Nachman, a Fulbright Research Fellow and PhD candidate in political science from the University of California, Irvine, who focuses on Taiwanese politics, said yesterday, referring to the MOU and Mr Azar's visit.
For the full story, please visit https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/us-angers-china-with-high-profile-taiwan-visit.
Related News Items
- U.S. Navy warship transits Taiwan Strait for first time under Joe Biden
- ChinaTalk: Taiwan! Pigs, politics and pop music
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Capitol Hill riots 'karma' for supporting Hong Kong, Chinese media jeers
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump