US angers China with high-profile Taiwan visit
- August 11, 2020
- Lev Nachman, poli sci, The Strait Times, Aug. 11, 2020
"In light of further aggression from the (People's Republic of China), Taiwan does benefit from these types of symbolic acts, even if no concrete changes will come in the form of policy," Mr Lev Nachman, a Fulbright Research Fellow and PhD candidate in political science from the University of California, Irvine, who focuses on Taiwanese politics, said yesterday, referring to the MOU and Mr Azar's visit.
For the full story, please visit https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/us-angers-china-with-high-profile-taiwan-visit.
Related News Items
- Taiwan distrusts Trump, but think country would benefit less from Biden: Poll
- Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms
- Animal Crossing ban foreshadows stricter Chinese gaming crackdown
- No, Taiwan's president isn't 'pro-independence'
- Taiwan tries to keep coronavirus out while asserting itself against China