Taiwan distrusts Trump, but think country would benefit less from Biden: Poll
- October 15, 2020
- Lev Nachman, poli sci, Newsweek, Oct. 15, 2020
Lev Nachman, a UC Irvine political science Ph.D candidate and visiting scholar at the Department of Sociology, National Taiwan University, told Newsweek that the polling suggests the average Taiwanese has a clearer understanding of the nuances in U.S.–Taiwan relations than expected. … "We've never had a Democrat president while there's been a DPP leader in Taiwan. It's always been either DPP and Republican or KMT (Kuomintang) and Democrat," Nachman added.
For the full story, please visit https://www.newsweek.com/taiwan-distrusts-trump-will-benefit-re-election-1539381.
Related News Items
- Capitol Hill riots 'karma' for supporting Hong Kong, Chinese media jeers
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Pig intestines fly as Taiwan lawmakers engage in ham-fisted political attacks
- US angers China with high-profile Taiwan visit
- Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms