Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms
- July 8, 2020
- Lev Nachman and Nathan Kar Ming Chan, poli sci, and Chit Wai John Mok, sociology, Foreign Policy, July 8, 2020
UCI graduate students Lev Nachman, Nathan Kar Ming Chan (political science) and Chit Wai John Mok (sociology) write, “As a draconian new national security law is imposed in Hong Kong, locals face a bleak choice: fight or flight. … Our findings hold important implications for the future of Hong Kong and Hong Kong-Taiwan relations. Taiwan especially should begin to seriously prepare for Hong Kongers attempting to permanently relocate.”
For the full story, please visit https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/08/hong-kong-exile-taiwan-first-choice/.
Related News Items
- Taiwan distrusts Trump, but think country would benefit less from Biden: Poll
- US angers China with high-profile Taiwan visit
- Animal Crossing ban foreshadows stricter Chinese gaming crackdown
- No, Taiwan's president isn't 'pro-independence'
- Taiwan tries to keep coronavirus out while asserting itself against China