'We need more dreams': Taiwan's 'Squad' rallies youth ahead of election
- January 10, 2020
- Lev Nachman, The Guardian and Yahoo News UK, Jan. 10, 2020
Lev Nachman, a PhD candidate at the University of California, Irvine, who focuses on Taiwan, says: “The biggest thing that makes them similar to the Squad is they are progressive in a way that’s so radically different from what we think of when we imagine what a Taiwanese politician looks like. They are the young progressive faces that a lot of Taiwanese have been looking for.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/10/taiwan-election-squad-youth-china-tsai-ing-wen.
Related News Items
- Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms
- Animal Crossing ban foreshadows stricter Chinese gaming crackdown
- No, Taiwan's president isn't 'pro-independence'
- Taiwan tries to keep coronavirus out while asserting itself against China
- Brainchild of Taipei City mayor wins 5 legislative seats