The fate of Trump’s economy now hinges on the Federal Reserve, the agency the president called ‘crazy’
- June 6, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, in The Washington Post and SF Gate June 6, 2019
“The Fed never had to rescue the economy from past presidents’ trade wars, or from
policies that presidents embarked upon against the wishes of advisers,” said Gary
Richardson, an economics professor at the University of California at Irvine who used
to be the official Fed historian.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/trumps-trade-war-may-prompt-fed-to-cut-interest-rates/2019/06/06/3c9ec1a6-8899-11e9-98c1-e945ae5db8fb_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.bb5f00ad3480.
Related News Items
- Markets are betting that good things come in threes--especially rate cuts
- Why Trump's wrong to blast the Fed over China's 'currency manipulation'
- The Fed is cutting interest rates. Why that matters
- A guide to the Federal Reserve's board of directors
- Is the Federal Reserve about to cave to Trump's demand to cut interest rates?