Federal Judge David O. Carter takes 4-hour illuminating walk through Orange County’s homeless riverbed encampment
- February 14, 2018
- David Carter, soc sci lecturer, in the OC Register, Feb. 14, 2018
A day after forcing a short-term fix to what has been one of the county’s most intractable
problems, [UCI Lecturer] U.S. District Court Judge David O. Carter ditched his robe
for a pair of jeans and New Balance sneakers, and led dozens of public officials on
a four-hour morning march through the makeshift tent city.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/14/trading-his-robe-for-sneakers-a-federal-judge-takes-an-illuminating-riverside-stroll-as-orange-county-homeless-encampment-evictions-loom/.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)