We’re out! Orange County pays final bankruptcy bill on July 1. The ride’s been wild
- June 30, 2017
- Mark Petracca, poli sci, via the Orange County Register, June 30, 2017
“Just like the Wall Street meltdown starting in 2008, virtually no one (save house arrest for Citron) was held politically or legally responsible for what happened with the people’s money during the O.C. bankruptcy,” said Mark Petracca, political science professor at UC Irvine. “It’s pretty darn amazing and there is a very troubling ‘lesson’ here for any public officials who wish to play fast and loose on the taxpayers’ dime.”
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/30/no-bankruptcy-as-colorful-as-o-c-s-last-bond-debt-payment-made/.
Related News Items
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)
- Seven Republican districts in California favored Clinton. Can Democrats flip them in November?
- Self-inflicted wounds could cost Democrats in their bid to oust 'Putin's favorite congressman'