Two from O.C. among Congress' 'most effective'
- January 8, 2016
- John Campbell, political science visiting lecturer, is featured in the Orange County Register Jan. 8, 2016
From the OC Register:
But judging a legislator simply by this criteria overlooks other key aspects of the job, according to former Rep. John Campbell, R-Irvine. In November, we had a conversation about what makes an effective legislator. “You can have a major impact on a major bill and not have your name on it,” said Campbell, who is teaching political science at UC Irvine. For instance, winning compromises on a bill you may largely disagree with is something that doesn’t show up in the Legislative Effectiveness Scores.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bills-699086-most-effective.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)