The media can’t let us take democratic rights for granted
- October 22, 2014
- An op-ed by Jennifer Ramos, political science visiting researcher, is featured by Zocalo Public Square Oct. 22, 2014
From Zocalo Public Square:
The media – a so-called “fourth branch of government” – has an obligation to remind us not of our partisan, ethnic, gender, or geographic identities, but of our democratic identity. … Jennifer M. Ramos is associate professor of political science at Loyola Marymount University and visiting associate researcher at UC Irvine.
For the full story, please visit http://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2014/10/22/can-sensationalism-save-democracy/ideas/up-for-discussion/#Jennifer+M.+Ramos+.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)