Donald Trump ‘taking advantage’ of weak opponent field
- September 23, 2023
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Sky News, Sept. 23, 2023 (Video)
Donald Trump is taking advantage of the “weakness” in his opposing field, says UC Irvine professor of political science Louis DeSipio. His comments come as the former US president campaigns for the 2024 presidential election. “He’s [Trump] not even campaigning very hard at this point, which is a pretty dramatic statement. There will be another Republican presidential debate coming up and that will give an opportunity for somebody to lead the pack though I don’t have high hopes that any of them will be able to do that much better than they did in the first presidential debate,” says DeSipio.
Related News Items
- Kevin McCarthy's exit "not unprecedented" after pre-election agreement
- Possible government shutdown: Who won't get paid, which services will stop?
- Donald Trump 'taking advantage' of weak opponent field
- Should there be a maximum age limit for lawmakers?
- DeSantis calls for 'deadly force' against suspected drug traffickers