Should there be a maximum age limit for lawmakers?
- July 28, 2023
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, KNX News, July 28, 2023 (Audio
KNX In Depth's Charles Feldman and Brian Ping discuss whether there should be a maximum age limit on lawmakers. Louis DeSipio is a political science professor at UC Irvine. “You know the Constitution does set some limits on who we can elect. We can’t elect members to the House of Representatives younger than 25 or members of the Senate younger than 30, so it wouldn’t be unreasonable, I think, to have a comparable limit on the other end,” says DeSipio.
For the full story, please visit https://omny.fm/shows/knxam-on-demand/should-there-be-a-maximum-age-limit-for-lawmakers.
Related News Items
- Donald Trump 'taking advantage' of weak opponent field
- DeSantis calls for 'deadly force' against suspected drug traffickers
- Is Senator Dianne Feinstein too sick to serve?
- How might district-based elections change voting in Irvine?
- From Nixon to Porter, Orange County has given America colorful politicians