Major strikes loom in US labor market
- July 20, 2023
- Judith Stepan-Norris, sociology, Voice of America and other nationwide outlets, July 20, 2023
Judith Stepan-Norris, an emerita professor of sociology at the University of California, Irvine, told VOA there are multiple factors that appear to be animating the movement in 2023. … “Other workers are looking around and seeing that these strikes are starting to show some progress for people, and so other workers are getting a taste that they can do it, too,” she said. “Not to say that any of these new strikes are directly related to that — it's just sort of the atmosphere [of success] that surrounds them.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.voanews.com/a/major-strikes-loom-in-us-labor-market-/7189659.html.
Related News Items
- This Labor Day comes amid the biggest jump in union activity in decades
- A lesson in solidarity
- U.S. workers have been striking in startling numbers. Will that continue?
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside