Georgia senate runoff: How Raphael Warnock secured democrats a 51st senate seat
- December 6, 2022
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, FiveThirtyEight, Dec. 6, 2022
As a beagle owner and lover, I’d also like to note that [Raphael] Warnock has returned to a tried and tested format: an ad where he walks an adorable beagle. (Alvin, the star of the first ads, was not Warnock’s dog.) Michael Tesler, [UCI political science professor], has written for FiveThirtyEight about the racial politics of that ad and why a beagle was chosen to counteract stereotypes. We’ll see if the ad works again.
For the full story, please visit https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/georgia-senate-warnock-walker/.
Related News Items
- Republicans, democrats are split over which groups face discrimination, WSJ poll finds
- The 2022 midterms show just how stuck we are
- These political scientists surveyed 500,000 voters. Here are their unnerving conclusions.
- When partisanship forms our identity
- Donald Trump's life of crime: Most books are clueless -- these five explain him best