Must be ‘fit and active’ or ‘digital native’: how ageist language keeps older workers out
- August 1, 2022
- David Neumark, economics, MarketWatch, Aug. 1, 2022
Ageism is wrong. Age discrimination is illegal. But if you are or have been an older
job seeker and you suspect your age is a barrier to getting job offers, your instincts
aren’t wrong. “Ageism is a real thing,” says David Neumark, economist [and Distinguished
Professor] at the University of California, Irvine, in an interview. “People know
it’s out there.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketwatch.com/story/must-be-fit-and-active-or-digital-native-how-ageist-language-keeps-older-workers-out-11659365025.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Minimum wages are going up. jobs may disappear.
- Ageist language in job ads discourages older applicants, UCI-led study finds
- Bad news, older tech workers: Job advert language works against you
- Must be 'fit and active' or 'digital native': how ageist language keeps older workers out
- Advancing labor market research