Analysis: Biden, Democrats need moderate Republican Powell to fight inflation
- July 25, 2022
- Gary Richardson, economics, Reuters, Yahoo Finance, International Business Times, Investing.com, July 25, 2022
Gary Richardson, a University of California, Irvine, economics professor said the bipartisan approach is meant to shield the Fed from political pressure. But inflation tends "to create a lot of trouble for incumbent politicians and that's been a constant over centuries. It's going to be the same in November."
For the full story, please visit https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-democrats-need-moderate-republican-powell-fight-inflation-2022-07-25/.
Related News Items
- A "default on our debt" would be unprecedented in American history
- We are central profile: Fed historian Jonathan Rose
- The British pound just plummeted: What it means for the U.K., tourists
- The Federal Reserve's 12 districts reflect an economy that no longer exists
- The lure of fishing, a Federal Reserve chair and Jackson Hole