Analysis: Biden, Democrats need moderate Republican Powell to fight inflation
- July 25, 2022
- Gary Richardson, economics, Reuters, Yahoo Finance, International Business Times, Investing.com, July 25, 2022
Gary Richardson, a University of California, Irvine, economics professor said the bipartisan approach is meant to shield the Fed from political pressure. But inflation tends "to create a lot of trouble for incumbent politicians and that's been a constant over centuries. It's going to be the same in November."
For the full story, please visit https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-democrats-need-moderate-republican-powell-fight-inflation-2022-07-25/.
Related News Items
- The rise of the regional Fed speech
- Why are Federal Reserve regional banks listed on U.S. currency?
- What happens when $2 trillion is sucked out of the global economy? It may not be pretty
- The Fed could be on the verge of repeating its 1970s mistake, Fed historian says
- Ron DeSantis' baseless theory that the government wants to control people's purchases