Orange County was the heart of California conservatism. Now it’s up for grabs.
- July 12, 2022
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and political science, POLITICO, Yahoo News, MSN, July 12, 2022
Confident in their hold on the county, Republicans were surprised by the 2018 Democratic
sweep — just as surprised as Democrats who realized they could win in the county if
they put more time and energy into local outreach. “For the foreseeable future, it
will be competitive and a place either party can win if they invest their resources
and identify the right candidates,” said Louis DeSipio, a professor in political science
and Chicano/Latino studies at UC Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/12/midterms-elections-battlegrounds-orange-county-california-00043173.
Related News Items
- California could decide control of the House
- Rep. Katie Porter, Scott Baugh locked in tight race in California's 47th congressional district
- Races for Orange County congressional seats too close to call
- Orange County braces for voter storm
- Rounding up some of the most contentious races in Orange County