Experts worried consumer spending habits could be clue of recession coming
- June 18, 2022
- Jack Liebersohn, economics, KCBS, June 18, 2022 (Video)
As inflation continues to rise, economists are seeing the first signs that people are cutting back [on spending]. “That is one of the things that could lead to a recession,” Jack Liebersohn, UCI assistant professor of economics said. The first signs of a slowdown coming in services and entertainment …. “We expected a shift back to normality, spending more on services. But it sounds like that’s not what’s happening. And that could signal a broader decline in consumer spending.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/consumers-spending-more/?intcid=CNM-00-10abd1h.
Related News Items
- Here's what we do and don't know about the effects of remote work.
- Why student housing is earning high marks from developers
- Liebersohn and Erel honored for groundbreaking research on underrepresented entrepreneurship and business ownership
- Southern California housing market cools
- It's official: Remote work is going to make it easier to buy a home