Experts worried consumer spending habits could be clue of recession coming
- June 18, 2022
- Jack Liebersohn, economics, KCBS, June 18, 2022 (Video)
As inflation continues to rise, economists are seeing the first signs that people are cutting back [on spending]. “That is one of the things that could lead to a recession,” Jack Liebersohn, UCI assistant professor of economics said. The first signs of a slowdown coming in services and entertainment …. “We expected a shift back to normality, spending more on services. But it sounds like that’s not what’s happening. And that could signal a broader decline in consumer spending.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/consumers-spending-more/?intcid=CNM-00-10abd1h.
Related News Items
- The Fed's instant processing service promises paychecks "within seconds"
- Rents are rising again, making it hard to find an apartment
- Barkowski awarded Georgescu-Rogen Prize
- Surprise! UCI holds graduation ceremony for athlete who fell ill (Video and slideshow)
- Market raising wages without government help (Op-Ed)