Here’s how long the best nap lasts, a neuroscientist says
- June 7, 2022
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, The Healthy, MSN, June 7, 2022
Sara Mednick, PhD, a cognitive neuroscientist at the University of California, Irvine and author of 2022 book The Power of the Downstate, spoke with The Healthy @Reader’s Digest to reveal how powerful it is for our bodies to rest and recharge during daytime. Having spent decades researching the effects of sleep, [Professor] Mednick suggests napping can be especially effective with some scientific insights in mind.
For the full story, please visit https://www.thehealthy.com/sleep/how-to-nap/.
Related News Items
- UCI researchers find keys to memory consolidation in deep sleep
- Here's how long the best nap lasts, a neuroscientist says
- From the closet to the spotlight, LGBTQ+ life isn't easy on our health
- Climate change is eroding a precious resource: sleep
- How to sleep better in a hotel: Advice from scientists