Sleep is good for the brain. But what about napping? Research raises puzzling questions.
- March 30, 2022
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, The Boston Globe, March 30, 2022
“Don’t just think about sleep as being this one thing you want to fix,” said Sara Mednick, professor of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine, who wrote a book about napping. “Think about the aging person as an entire whole person. All the things they’re doing during the day are impacting how restorative their sleep will be.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/03/30/metro/sleep-is-good-brain-what-about-napping-research-raises-puzzling-questions/.
Related News Items
- Why the human mind is 'not designed' to stay awake past midnight
- Opinion: Here are the four questions you should ask yourself before sharing news on social media
- Enough with hustle. Downstate is the new secret to success.
- How naps improve memory performance
- I'm a scientist. I'm anti-biohacking. Here's why...