5 causes of the Great Depression
- March 10, 2022
- Gary Richardson, economics, History, March 10, 2022
Things were so bad that of all the days of unemployment experienced by individual American workers in American history, half occurred during the Great Depression, according to University of California, Irvine economics Professor Gary Richardson, who has done extensive research on that period and the subject of downturns in general. … “For something to be as bad as the Great Depression, you really need multiple things going wrong, in the U.S. and around the world,” Richardson says.
For the full story, please visit https://www.history.com/news/great-depression-causes.
Related News Items
- The rise of the regional Fed speech
- Why are Federal Reserve regional banks listed on U.S. currency?
- What happens when $2 trillion is sucked out of the global economy? It may not be pretty
- The Fed could be on the verge of repeating its 1970s mistake, Fed historian says
- Ron DeSantis' baseless theory that the government wants to control people's purchases