Your credit score can predict when you'll die, research shows
- February 25, 2022
- Matt Harding, economics, Money.com, Feb. 25, 2022
Need another reason to obsess over your credit score? Here’s a new (if macabre) one: According to a team of economists, that three-digit number isn’t just a good indicator of how stable you are as a borrower — it can also predict how long you’ll live. “Many people don't often understand the risk that they're getting themselves into through various forms of borrowing, and how that all leads to progressively more catastrophic outcomes for them,” says Matthew Harding, a Department of Economics professor at the University of California Irvine and the study’s co-author. “People's lives could potentially be made better by having some advanced information on [these] things.”
For the full story, please visit https://money.com/credit-score-predict-when-you-die.
Related News Items
- Studies show your credit score can predict how long you'll live: Here's how
- Why personal debt looks healthy despite California's worst year for jobs
- Harding named a 2021 Faculty Innovation Fellow
- Are foods labeled 'low sugar' misleading consumers?
- Taxing sugar leads to significant decrease in consumption, new study shows