How the Capitol riot solidified Trump’s stranglehold on the GOP
- January 6, 2022
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, FiveThirtyEight, Jan. 6, 2022
Michael Tesler, UCI political science professor writes, “Many assumed that the events
of Jan 6. would be the final straw for Republican politicians who stayed loyal to
Trump throughout his presidency. … It was naive to think Jan. 6 would change that.
Anyone who thought so failed to appreciate just how much power Trump wielded over
other GOP politicians. That reality has only become clearer since the attack on the
For the full story, please visit https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/reflections-on-the-jan-6-insurrection/#323253.
Related News Items
- Should Kansas's abortion vote change expectations for the midterms?
- Why abortion may be a winning issue for democrats
- Biden's approval slump hits a dreary new milestone
- For the first time in years, democrats are more concerned about abortion than republicans are
- Why do GOP lawmakers still oppose legalizing weed?