Election fraud claims pose dilemma for Orange County GOP
- November 22, 2021
- Graeme Boushey, poli sci, The Orange County Register, Nov. 22, 2021
Starting in the 2020 elections … Democrats mailed their ballots in early while a segment of Republicans voted in person on Election Day. That means those Republicans now face long lines, which could discourage participation. … “That’s the Pandora’s box they opened,” said Graeme Boushey, an [associate] political science professor at UC Irvine. “Older, more affluent voters, who are more common in Orange County, are more likely to participate by mail. But then Republicans aggressively delegitimized the form of participation that was an advantage to their constituents.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2021/11/22/election-fraud-claims-pose-dilemma-for-orange-county-gop/.
Related News Items
- City-by-city look at recall vote in Orange County offers mixed signals about '22 midterms
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Could Gov. Gavin Newsom's death penalty moratorium mean life for state GOP in 2020?