In a key swing district, Katie Porter clashes with GOP opponent over inflation and 'Orange County values'
- August 1, 2022
- Graeme Boushey, poli sci, NBC News, Yahoo News, Aug. 1, 2022
“Orange County is so often a bellwether for national politics. Is there going to be
a path back for these right-of-center, moderate, wealthy, suburban voters given how
much the current Republican agenda has done to alienate them?” said Graeme Boushey,
[an associate] professor of political science at the nearby University of California,
Irvine. “I’m skeptical there is that path back. But we can never down-weight pocketbook
For the full story, please visit https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/key-swing-district-katie-porter-clashes-gop-opponent-inflation-orange-rcna40843.
Related News Items
- Election fraud claims pose dilemma for Orange County GOP
- City-by-city look at recall vote in Orange County offers mixed signals about '22 midterms
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots