History taught the Fed a lesson. Will that be enough?
- August 27, 2021
- Gary RIchardson, economics, CNN, Aug. 27, 2021
How soon should the Fed pull back historic support for the economy in the wake of a devastating pandemic? It's a major challenge in hugely uncertain times. But the Fed has changed a lot in recent decades, helping it prepare for this moment, according to Gary Richardson, an economics professor at University of California, Irvine who previously was the Federal Reserve System historian. "The Fed has intentionally created tools that allow it to deal with these unprecedented situations," he told me.
For the full story, please visit https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/27/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html.
Related News Items
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- A president and his Fed chair clash. Sound familiar?
- Fed inflation shift raises questions about past rate rises
- If the Fed's nominees were confirmed, could they change monetary policy?
- The Fed is throwing money around. Not everyone is reaping the benefits