Scientists warn of a new type of advertising where companies try to manipulate dreams
- June 26, 2021
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, KUSI News, June 26, 2021 (Video)
Companies around the world are increasingly experimenting with ways to inject product content into people’s dreams, to the point where nearly 40 scientists have written an open letter calling for augmented government oversight. Dr. Sara Mednick, Professor of Cognitive Sciences from UC Irvine, joined KUSI’s Jason Austell to discuss the work of these companies.
For the full story, please visit https://www.kusi.com/scientists-warn-of-a-new-type-of-advertising-where-companies-try-to-manipulate-dreams/.
Related News Items
- UCI Podcast: The perils and benefits of dream incubation
- In-depth: Scientists warn of a new type of advertising: manipulating your dreams
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Feeling midday fatigue? A short shut-eye session can help
- Nap time is the new coffee break. Here's how to make the most of it.