Scientists warn of a new type of advertising where companies try to manipulate dreams
- June 26, 2021
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, KUSI News, June 26, 2021 (Video)
Companies around the world are increasingly experimenting with ways to inject product content into people’s dreams, to the point where nearly 40 scientists have written an open letter calling for augmented government oversight. Dr. Sara Mednick, Professor of Cognitive Sciences from UC Irvine, joined KUSI’s Jason Austell to discuss the work of these companies.
For the full story, please visit https://www.kusi.com/scientists-warn-of-a-new-type-of-advertising-where-companies-try-to-manipulate-dreams/.
Related News Items
- Why the human mind is 'not designed' to stay awake past midnight
- Opinion: Here are the four questions you should ask yourself before sharing news on social media
- Enough with hustle. Downstate is the new secret to success.
- How naps improve memory performance
- I'm a scientist. I'm anti-biohacking. Here's why...