2021-22 Long Institute Graduate Student Research Grant
- April 26, 2021
- Applications due by June 1
The Long US-China Institute is pleased to announce a call for its annual graduate
student research grant. Students may apply for up to $1,000 in funding toward a project
that aligns with the core pillars of the Institute. We are particularly interested in projects focused on the business,
legal, and social scientific dimensions of contemporary China or US-China relations.
Funding can be used for:
- Research travel and lodging*
- Research materials, including archival or copying fees
- Transcription services
- Conference funding, including travel, lodging, and registration*
*Please note that disbursement of funds for travel and in-person conferences will be contingent on UCI lifting its current Covid-19 travel restrictions. When planning your grant activities, we encourage you to refer to UCI’s executive directive on travel.
To apply, send the following materials by Tuesday, June 1 at 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one-page statement describing the research project and addressing how Long Institute funding will help you execute your research.
- An estimated budget (up to $1,000) with short budget narrative. Please also include any other funding secured for the research project.
Awardees will be notified by June 15. Priority will be given to students who have not yet received funding from the Long Institute, though all are encouraged to apply. Students must be currently enrolled and in good standing in a graduate program at UC Irvine. Not all applications will be funded, and some may be funded at less than the requested amount. If you won a grant from the Long Institute in AY 2020-21 but have not yet submitted your final project report, please plan to do so before submitting a new application.
Funds will be disbursed via reimbursement; please keep all relevant receipts. Grantees will be expected to submit a short summary of their research activities prior to receiving reimbursement. All projects should be completed by June 2022.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.