Nixon Foundation partners with UCI
- February 25, 2019
- UCI faculty and Long Institute featured by Nixon Foundation Feb 25, 2019
The Richard Nixon Foundation was pleased to accept an invitation from the University of California, Irvine to co-sponsor a discussion among university academics on President Nixon’s historic and groundbreaking trip to the People’s Republic of China in February 1972.
Nearly 100 people attended the brief lectures and panel discussion, which officially kicked off the UCI Lunar New Year Festival. Presenters included Dr. Luke Nichter, Professor of History at Texas A&M University Central Texas and author of The Nixon Tapes (volumes one and two) and Nixon and Europe; Dr. Emily Baum, Director of the UCI Long Institute for US-China Relations; and Dr. Matthew Beckmann, Professor of Political Science at UCI.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nixonfoundation.org/2019/01/event-recap-rnf-partners-uci/.
Related News Items
- 2021-22 Long Institute Graduate Student Research Grant
- Jiayang Fan, by the album
- From wellness to whiskey: 4 ways to enjoy your week in Irvine
- Long Institute announces the 2018-19 Graduate Student Project Grant
- Study: Donors of Chinese descent vastly increase philanthropy, mostly to higher education