Asian Americans fastest-growing racial group in US: Pew research
- April 12, 2021
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The Straits Times, April 12, 2021
Racial anxiety underlies much of the political tension in the US. A study of 2016 election voter preferences by Professor John Sides of George Washington University, Michael Tesler [associate professor of political science], of the University of California at Irvine and Professor Lynn Vavreck of the University of California at Los Angeles concluded that white voters' preference for Mr Donald Trump, who won by a landslide, was strongly related to concerns that minorities were taking jobs away from whites.
For the full story, please visit https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/asian-americans-fastest-growing-racial-group-in-us-pew-research.
Related News Items
- A remarkable shift in attitudes leaves U.S. even more divided on race
- America's racial awakening forces Virginia Military Institute to confront its past - and future
- The souls of white folk
- Why the recent violence against Asian Americans may solidify their support of democrats
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021