(Opinion) Thanks to Trump’s rhetoric, Asian Americans are moving toward the Democratic Party
- March 30, 2021
- Nathan Kar Ming Chan, poli sci, The Washington Post, March 30, 2021 (Opinion)
Nathan Kar Ming Chan, UCI PhD candidate in political science and others write, “We examined how Trump racialized covid-19 and exacerbated anti-Asian sentiment among Americans. We also investigated whether this influenced Asian Americans’ political attitudes. In short, yes. Not only has there been a rise in anti-Asian sentiment since the pandemic began, but more Asian Americans have shifted to favoring the Democratic Party over the past year.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/30/thanks-trumps-rhetoric-asian-americans-are-moving-toward-democratic-party/.
Related News Items
- (Opinion) Thanks to Trump's rhetoric, Asian Americans are moving toward the Democratic Party
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...