UC Irvine-led study reveals nuance to the experiences of undocumented students across California
- December 23, 2020
- Laura Enriquez, Chicano/Latino studies, Daily Pilot, Dec. 23, 2020
Numbers, whether in the form of pay scales, revenue or surveys, tend to move the needle when it comes to policies and practices. That’s what a UC Irvine-led study aims to do — provide insightful findings to help university administrators meet the needs of undocumented students. … [Laura] Enriquez, the report’s lead study author, started researching undocumented students when she arrived at UCI …. Since the initial wave of data from 2015, Enriquez and Annie Ro, UCI assistant professor in public health, have been focused on undocumented students’ mental health conditions, needs and experiences.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2020-12-23/uc-irvine-led-study-reveals-nuance-to-the-experiences-of-undocumented-students-across-california.
Related News Items
- Survey spotlights undocumented student experiences, needs
- The state of undocumented students in California's public universities
- A scholar-activist for undocumented students
- DACA and why the fight must go on: Laura Enriquez
- Two UCI social scientists receive prestigious fellowships to further critical areas of education research