UC Irvine-led study reveals nuance to the experiences of undocumented students across California
- December 23, 2020
- Laura Enriquez, Chicano/Latino studies, Daily Pilot, Dec. 23, 2020
Numbers, whether in the form of pay scales, revenue or surveys, tend to move the needle when it comes to policies and practices. That’s what a UC Irvine-led study aims to do — provide insightful findings to help university administrators meet the needs of undocumented students. … [Laura] Enriquez, the report’s lead study author, started researching undocumented students when she arrived at UCI …. Since the initial wave of data from 2015, Enriquez and Annie Ro, UCI assistant professor in public health, have been focused on undocumented students’ mental health conditions, needs and experiences.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2020-12-23/uc-irvine-led-study-reveals-nuance-to-the-experiences-of-undocumented-students-across-california.
Related News Items
- Dual honors for Enriquez's book on intimate impact of immigration policy
- Opinion: 3 ways to support immigration-impacted students
- Enriquez receives Russell Sage Foundation grant to study experiences of California's undocumented college students
- Social sciences recognizes outstanding faculty researchers
- Program helps young people who could be DACA candidates