HOA fees: What you should know before you buy
- November 30, 2020
- Matt Freedman, economics, Forbes, Nov. 30, 2020 (Contributors)
Almost 60% of recently built single-family homes and 80% of homes in new subdivisions are in HOAs, according to a study by researchers Wyatt Clarke, who works at IBM, and Matthew Freedman, an economics professor at the University of California, Irvine. The researchers found that HOAs can have a positive effect on home prices, as homes in an HOA were valued, on average, 4% higher than similar ones that did not belong to an HOA.
For the full story, please visit https://www.forbes.com/advisor/mortgages/hoa-fees/.
Related News Items
- Early analysis of Opportunity Zone program finds little to no support for residential employment, earnings increases
- Opportunity Zones have had minor impact on labor markets so far
- 11 hidden costs of moving to the suburbs
- Cookie-cutter suburbs could help spread sustainable yards
- HOAs are popular where prejudice is strong and government is weak