11 hidden costs of moving to the suburbs
- January 22, 2020
- Matthew Freedman, economics, Business Insider, Jan. 22, 2020
In single-family home neighborhoods where there's an homeowner's association, there's also a higher pricetag — according to research from the University of California at Irvine, homes in neighborhoods with HOAs sold for 4% or $13,500 more than non-HOA neighborhoods.
For the full story, please visit https://www.businessinsider.com/hidden-costs-moving-to-suburbs.
Related News Items
- Early analysis of Opportunity Zone program finds little to no support for residential employment, earnings increases
- Opportunity Zones have had minor impact on labor markets so far
- Cookie-cutter suburbs could help spread sustainable yards
- HOAs are popular where prejudice is strong and government is weak
- 20 years of job changes crunched