Why Trump may get his Third Supreme Court appointment no matter what the dems do
- September 22, 2020
- Tony Smith, poli sci, Sputnik International, Sept. 22, 2020
President Trump is likely to name a nominee on Friday or Saturday, predicts Charles Anthony Smith, professor of political science and law at the University of California, Irvine. He expects that the Democrats will be reaching out to some Republican senators informally to urge them not to allow a vote. At the same time, "if Senator McConnell pushes through a vote before the election, his chances of being Majority Leader in January probably drop," Smith suggests.
For the full story, please visit https://sputniknews.com/us/202009221080537297-why-trump-may-get-his-third-supreme-court-appointment-no-matter-what-the-dems-do/.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Redistricting might gain Republicans a few seats in Congress. Their real gains will be in state legislatures.
- Response to April 15 mass shooting in Indianapolis
- UCI Podcast: UCI's new in-prison bachelor's degree to transform lives
- Former gov. Gray Davis on potential Newsom recall: "There's no Arnold Schwarzenegger"
- Applications are open for the Social Sciences Summer Academic Enrichment Program