5 things to watch for at the Republican National Convention
- August 22, 2020
- Michael Tesler, political science, Newsday, Aug. 22, 2020
Support for protests, acknowledgment of racism and unfavorable views of police increased among whites in surveys in June, according an analysis published last week in FiveThirtyEight by political scientist Michael Tesler at the University of California, Irvine. But as news media attention to racism and police misconduct has diminished, views among whites on those issues have begun to fade to pre-Floyd protest levels, though they remain higher than before, Tesler wrote.
For the full story, please visit https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/trump-republican-convention-1.48381566.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Raphael Warnock's dog ads cut against white voters' stereotypes of Black people
- Can anything change Americans' minds about Donald Trump?
- Support for Black Lives Matter surged during protests, but is waning among White Americans