Tik Tok activism
- June 24, 2020
- David Meyer, sociology, BYU Radio, June 24, 2020 (Audio)
Guest: David Meyer, Professor of Sociology in the School of Social Sciences, University
of California, Irvine. Thousands teenaged TikTok users and Korean pop fans claim to
have reserved tickets to President Trump’s rally in Tulsa last weekend with no intention
of attending. That may have contributed to a much smaller turnout than the Trump campaign
hoped. [Starts 52:41]
Listen in at http://www.byuradio.org/episode/2649ce09-626d-445f-b94a-11262a9223f6/top-of-mind-with-julie-rose-international-criminal-court-tik-tok-activism-dark-basin?playhead=3161&autoplay=true.
Related News Items
- Social Sciences Merit-Based Scholarships
- A BLM protest brought thousands of national guardsmen to D.C. in June. Where were they Wednesday?
- Factbox: Bombings, shootings, beatings - U.S. Capitol's history of violence
- Reflection and resolutions
- UCI social sciences counts 27 faculty among world's top researchers