5 natural ways to improve your memory, according to experts
- May 29, 2020
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, Prevention, May 29, 2020
“The brain is a use-it-or-lose-it machine,” says Sara Mednick, Ph.D., an associate professor of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine. ... The next time you’re struggling to name an actor, challenge yourself not to look it up. “Work through it and trust that your brain knows the answer—you just need to find it in there,” Mednick says. ... “It’s all about not living in automatic mode,” Mednick says. “The more you think things through or try novel approaches, the more you engage your brain to keep it healthier longer.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.prevention.com/health/mental-health/a32689904/improve-memory/.
Related News Items
- Sleeping with the Muse: The relation between a musical life and sleep
- Not sleeping well? Take more naps.
- Wellness Wednesday: Understanding drug stimulants
- Stimulants: Using them to cram for exams ruins sleep and doesn't help test scores
- Non-prescribed stimulants may improve short-term focus but fail users in the long run, UCI researchers say