2020-2021 Long Institute Graduate Student Research Grant
- April 16, 2020
- Applications due by May 4
The Long US-China Institute is proud to announce its annual graduate student research
grant. Students may apply for up to $1,000 in funding toward a project that aligns
with the core pillars of the Institute. We are particularly interested in projects focused on the business,
legal, and social scientific dimensions of contemporary China or US-China relations.
Funding can be used for research travel and lodging; research materials, including archival or copying fees; transcription services; or conference funding, including travel, lodging, and registration.
To apply, send the following materials byMonday, May 4th at 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one-page statement describing the research project and addressing how Long Institute funding will help you execute your research;
- An estimated budget with short budget narrative. Please also include any other funding secured for the research project;
- A short letter from your advisor (1-2 sentences is fine) attesting that you are currently enrolled in a graduate program at UCI and that you are in good standing.
Priority will be given to students who have not yet received funding from the Long Institute. Not all applications will be funded, and some may be funded at less than the requested amount. Funds will be disbursed via reimbursement; please keep all relevant receipts. Grantees will be expected to submit a short summary of their research activities prior to receiving reimbursement. All projects should be completed by June 2021.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Related News Items
- Usman receives grant to study recidivism program in Pakistan
- Oil prices hang in the balance ahead of Iran nuclear talks, but experts don't expect a breakthrough
- The distinctiveness of disease explanation
- What is a merchant account?
- Research and commentary: New Hampshire Senate rejects minimum wage hike proposal