China scrambles to boost its image on coronavirus
- March 8, 2020
- Dorie Solinger, poli sci, Voice of America, Mar. 8, 2020
China has a " big advantage" over the control of epidemics, said [Professor Emeritus]
Dorothy Solinger, an expert on Chinese politics at the University of California at
Irvine. "What other nation, large or small, could this pull off? Only China, with
its old command apparatus plus its newer surveillance one could have done what it
did," she said. "Like it or not, China is really good at both of these.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.voanews.com/science-health/china-scrambles-boost-its-image-coronavirus.
Related News Items
- China seeks to recast itself from virus pariah to helping hand
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)
- Study: Donors of Chinese descent vastly increase philanthropy, mostly to higher education