China seeks to recast itself from virus pariah to helping hand
- March 5, 2020
- Dorie Solinger, poli sci, Breitbart (AFP), Mar. 5, 2020
China is likely to keep "claiming authority" over the epidemic based on its achievements, said Dorothy Solinger [professor emeritus], an expert on Chinese politics at the University of California at Irvine. “Of course the trouble is most other parts of the world aren’t in a position to command the population the way the Chinese government can, so it’s unlikely that China can truly become a model,” she said. “But it’s a brilliant move to pretend that they’ve discovered a way that can be useful to other countries.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.breitbart.com/news/china-seeks-to-recast-itself-from-virus-pariah-to-helping-hand/.
Related News Items
- K-pop boy band BTS faces boycott calls in China over Korean War comment
- China scrambles to boost its image on coronavirus
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)