Why are Republicans silent about the Ukraine whistleblower scandal? This one chart explains.
- September 25, 2019
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The Washington Post, Sept. 25, 2019
Michael Tesler, associate professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine writes, “It’s hardly a surprise, then, why Republicans have turned a blind eye to the president’s alleged misconduct. As long as politicians prize power and popularity more than principles, few Republicans will condemn Trump heading into an election year, no matter how serious the alleged transgression.”
Related News Items
- Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart
- Racially divisive parties have more voters now, but voters aren't becoming more racist. What explains this?
- Opinion: The New York Times omits mention of race from its history of the tea party
- Poll: voters who reject racism are more energized for 2020 than they were in 2016
- For Trump, appeals to white fears about race may be a tougher sell in 2020: Reuters/Ipsos poll