The Fed is cutting interest rates. Why that matters
- August 3, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, explains on NPR (audio)
We wanted to talk more about this, especially the reaction to the rate cut and why
it matters, so we've called Gary Richardson. He's a professor of economics at the
University of California, Irvine. He was also the historian for the Federal Reserve
system from 2012 to 2016.
Listen in: https://www.npr.org/2019/08/03/747909506/the-fed-is-cutting-interest-rates-why-that-matters
Related News Items
- 3 lessons for today's economy from former Fed chair Paul Volcker's long and storied career
- Markets are betting that good things come in threes--especially rate cuts
- Why Trump's wrong to blast the Fed over China's 'currency manipulation'
- A guide to the Federal Reserve's board of directors
- Is the Federal Reserve about to cave to Trump's demand to cut interest rates?