Age discrimination is a women's issue that women's groups tend to ignore
- July 4, 2019
- Research by David Neumark, economics, in Forbes, July 4, 2019
A landmark 2015 study by three economists concluded that age discrimination in hiring is particularly bad for women. … The authors suggest older women may suffer from age discrimination more than older men because age discrimination laws do not deal effectively with the fact that older women face both age and gender bias. … The study was conducted by David Neumark and Ian Burn of the University of California at Irvine and Patrick Button of Tulane University.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15