Trump to nominate conservative Stephen Moore for Fed board
- March 22, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, via SF Gate (AP), March, 22, 2019
[Stephen] Moore's nomination, which the Senate must confirm, drew sharp criticism from some economists and historians. "It's unprecedented in the modern era, particularly because he lacks expertise in areas under the Fed's supervision, like banking and monetary policy," said Gary Richardson, a historian of the Fed and a professor at the University of California at Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Trump-to-nominated-Moore-for-Federal-Reserve-board-13708899.php.
Related News Items
- Markets are betting that good things come in threes--especially rate cuts
- Why Trump's wrong to blast the Fed over China's 'currency manipulation'
- The Fed is cutting interest rates. Why that matters
- A guide to the Federal Reserve's board of directors
- Is the Federal Reserve about to cave to Trump's demand to cut interest rates?