Trump to nominate conservative Stephen Moore for Fed board
- March 22, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, via SF Gate (AP), March, 22, 2019
[Stephen] Moore's nomination, which the Senate must confirm, drew sharp criticism from some economists and historians. "It's unprecedented in the modern era, particularly because he lacks expertise in areas under the Fed's supervision, like banking and monetary policy," said Gary Richardson, a historian of the Fed and a professor at the University of California at Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Trump-to-nominated-Moore-for-Federal-Reserve-board-13708899.php.
Related News Items
- Is the Federal Reserve about to cave to Trump's demand to cut interest rates?
- The fate of Trump's economy now hinges on the Federal Reserve, the agency the president called 'crazy'
- Here are warning signs investors missed before the 1929 crash
- Why small businesses shouldn't take on too much debt
- Donald Trump really could lower interest rates--here's how