Trump to nominate conservative Stephen Moore for Fed board
- March 22, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, via SF Gate (AP), March, 22, 2019
[Stephen] Moore's nomination, which the Senate must confirm, drew sharp criticism from some economists and historians. "It's unprecedented in the modern era, particularly because he lacks expertise in areas under the Fed's supervision, like banking and monetary policy," said Gary Richardson, a historian of the Fed and a professor at the University of California at Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Trump-to-nominated-Moore-for-Federal-Reserve-board-13708899.php.
Related News Items
- If the Fed's nominees were confirmed, could they change monetary policy?
- The Fed is throwing money around. Not everyone is reaping the benefits
- Small-business loans: Strip clubs, marijuana stores need not apply
- Hutchins Roundup: Unconditional cash transfers, countercyclical capital buffers, and more
- 3 lessons for today's economy from former Fed chair Paul Volcker's long and storied career