A problem for republicans fighting to keep California house seats: Trump
- January 19, 2018
- Mark Petracca, poli sci, via The New York Times, Jan. 19, 2018
“As a 34-year resident of Irvine in Orange County and as someone who has long been
active at a variety of levels in political and policy debates, I am also reluctant
to conclude that Democrats in a midterm election will be able to turnout a sufficient
number of voters to overcome the current advantages Republicans still have in the
districts,” said Mark P. Petracca, a professor of political science at the University
of California, Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/us/california-republicans-midterms-house-trump.html.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- The midterms could spell the end for America's lonely moderates
- If it walks like a social movement and talks like a social movement...
- Want a less partisan senator? Elect a former governor. (op-ed)